This double pipe heat exchanger inspection and test plan article provides you with a sample double pipe heat exchanger ITP. This is a draft ITP and must be editied based on your purchase order specifications.
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Inspection and Test Plan Task||Vendor||TPI Inspection||Client|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Pre-Inspection Meeting||H||H||H|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Mill test reports||H||W/R||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Material identification and markings||H||W||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger WPS/PQR, Welders qualifications (records or welder's list)||H||W||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Weld preparation and fit-up, back chip inspection||H||S||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Execution of major repairs, when issued NCR||H||H||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Visual and dimensional inspection prior to heat treatment, when applicable||H||W||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Heat treatment record review, if applicable||H||W/R||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Non-destructive testing (RT, UT, MT, PT when applicable)||H||S||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Review of radiographs, if applicable||H||S||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Production weld test, when required||H||S||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Hardness measurements in final condition, when specified||H||S||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Visual and dimensional inspection during fabrication||H||W||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Reinforcing pad air-soap test||H||S||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Hydrostatic test||H||H||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Other Job Requirement Inspection Record (when specified)||H||W||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Surface preparation prior to painting, coating, lining||H||S||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Complete draining and nitrogen filling or desiccant or volatile corrosion inhibitor treatment check||H||W||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Final visual inspection (including Painting (color & thickness), coating, preservation, lining, picking, nameplate, tagging, marking, and Aux items like spare parts, bolts, etc.)||H||H||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Documentation review prior to release at local shop(Final activity of Technical Inspection)||H||H||R|
|Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Pre-shipment Inspection||H||H||R|
H: Hold Point implies that relevant production activities shall not proceed until the continuation of work is permitted by Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
W: Witness point implies that Purchaser intends to witness the designated inspection feature. If Purchaser decides not to witness the relevant feature, production can proceed without permission of Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
S: Witness, but spot check basis. Initial operation will be witness point and subsequent operation will be witnessed at discretion of Purchaser considering the results of previous inspection. (Random Inspection : Notification not req'd)
R: Review inspection & test records (Notification not req'd)
General Note for Double Pipe Heat Exchanger ITP :
1) Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Witness/hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor's ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed Double Pipe Heat Exchanger ITP shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring/Observation of Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Vendor shop daily routine works(i.e.Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check, Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship, cleanliness and etc.) shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Final Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Visual Inspection/Documentation Review/Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.