This article provides you with a draft rotary pump Inspection and test plan. You need to change this rotary pump ITP based on your purchase order specification and requirements.
|Rotary Pump Inspection and Test Plan Task||Vendor||TPI Inspection||Client|
|Pre-inspection meeting, when specified by Purchaser||H||H||R|
|Mill Test Reports||H||R||R|
|Material identification and marking||H||W||R|
|Execution of major repairs, when issued NCR||H||H||R|
|RT, UT, MT or PT, when specified||H||R||R|
|Heat treatment execution, if applicable||H||R||R|
|Charpy impact test, when required||H||W||R|
|Hydrostatic test of casing||H||H||R|
|Clearance check(Before/After the running test)||H||W||R|
|Running test with vibration and bearing temperature measurement||H||W||R|
|NPSH test, when NPSHA-NPSHR is less than 0.6m||H||H||R|
|Sound level measurement during the running test||H||H||R|
|Dismantling inspection for casing internal, sleeve type bearing after test run, when specified||H||W||R|
|Shop running test for lube oil unit, when provided and when libe oil unit is not used during pump running test.||H||W||R|
|Shop running test for lube oil unit, when provided and when lube oil unit is used during pump running test.||H||W||R|
|Hydrostatic test for lube oil unit, when provided||H||W||R|
|Visual and dimensional inspection for lube oil unit, when provided||H||W||R|
|Installation of wiring and conduit (Ex proof execution if required), when provided||H||W||R|
|Function, setting and calibration of instruments and controls, when provided||H||W||R|
|Other test as specified||H||W||R|
|Final visual inspection (including Nameplate tagging marking painting coating Auxiliary items check)||H||H||R|
|Documentation review prior to release(Final activity of Technical Inspection)||H||H||R|
H: Hold Point implies that relevant production activities shall not proceed until the continuation of work is permitted by Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
W: Witness point implies that Purchaser intends to witness the designated inspection feature. If Purchaser decides not to witness the relevant feature, production can proceed without permission of Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
S: Witness, but spot check basis. Initial operation will be witness point and subsequent operation will be witnessed at discretion of Purchaser considering the results of previous inspection. (Random Inspection : Notification not required)
R: Review inspection & test records (Notification not req'd)
General Note :
1) Rotary Pump Witness / hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor's ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Rotary Pump Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed Rotary Pump ITP shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring/Observation of Rotary Pump Vendor shop daily routine works (i.e. Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check, Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship, cleanliness and etc.) shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Rotary Pump Final Visual Inspection / Documentation Review / Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.
6) Based on Rotary Pump Supplier's quality control system and quantity of purchase order can be held or waived at the discretion of purchaser