This content provides you with a sample Silencer inspection and test plan. This is a draft silencer ITP and must be edited based on your purchase order specifications. You may also review pressure vessel ITP article for more detail information. You can download draft ITP there and adjust with this one to generate your own silencer ITP.
|Silencer Inspection and Test Plan Task||Vendor||TPI Inspection||Client|
|Silencer Mill test reports including impact test and non-destructive test, when specified||H||R||R|
|Silencer Material identification and markings||H||W/R||R|
|Silencer WPS/PQR, Welders qualifications (records or welder's list)||H||R||R|
|Silencer Weld preparation and fit-up, back chip inspection||H||S||R|
|Silencer Execution of major repairs, when issued NCR||H||H||R|
|Silencer Visual and dimensional inspection prior to heat treatment, when applicable||H||W||R|
|Silencer Visual and dimensional inspection prior to heat treatment, when applicable||H||S||R|
|Silencer Ferrite check for weld, when specified||H||S||R|
|Silencer Non-destructive testing (RT, UT, MT, PT when applicable)||H||S||R|
|Silencer Review of radiographs, when applicable||H||S||R|
|Silencer Production weld test, when required||H||S||R|
|Silencer Hardness measurements in final condition, when specified||H||S||R|
|Silencer Visual and dimensional inspection during fabrication||H||W||R|
|Silencer Reinforcing pad air-soap test||H||S||R|
|Silencer Leak test for sleeve type nozzle, when applicable||H||S||R|
|Silencer Installation of internals, when applicable||H||W||R|
|Silencer Other Job Requirement Inspection Record (when specified)||H||W||R|
|Silencer Surface preparation prior to painting, coating, lining||H||S||R|
|Silencer Complete draining and nitrogen filling or desiccant or volatile corrosion inhibitor treatment check||H||W||R|
|Silencer Final visual inspection (including Painting (color & thickness), coating, preservation, lining, picking, nameplate, tagging, marking, and Aux items like spare parts, bolts, etc.)||H||H||R|
|Silencer Documentation review prior to release at local shop(Final activity of Technical Inspection)||H||H||R|
|Silencer Pre-shipment Inspection||H||H||R|
H: Hold Point implies that relevant production activities shall not proceed until the continuation of work is permitted by Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
W: Witness point implies that Purchaser intends to witness the designated inspection feature. If Purchaser decides not to witness the relevant feature, production can proceed without permission of Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
S: Witness, but spot check basis. Initial operation will be witness point and subsequent operation will be witnessed at discretion of Purchaser considering the results of previous inspection. (Random Inspection : Notification not req'd)
R: Review inspection & test records (Notification not req'd)
General Note for Silencer ITP :
1) Silencer Witness/hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor's ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Silencer Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed Silencer ITP shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring/Observation of Silencer Vendor shop daily routine works (i.e. Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check, Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship, cleanliness and etc.) shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Silencer Final Visual Inspection/Documentation Review/Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.