Gas Turbine Generator Testing (FAT Test)
The gas turbine generator testing is performed after successful completion of the assembly at the manufacturing shop.
Gas Turbine Generator Testing - Routine Testing List
- Generator No-Load Current and Losses Test
- Phase Sequence Test
- Windings DC resistance measurement
- Generator full load heat run (measurement of temperature rise and winding insulation resistance before and after heat run)
- Full load wave analysis
- Voltage and current phase balance
- Rotor balancing test (during manufacture)
- Overspeed test (120% for 2 min)
- Overload test (110% for 2 hours)
- Generator vibration measurement
- Temperature rise test
- Bearing temperature rise at no load and full load
- Efficiency at 100% load, 75% load, 50% load at rated power factor
- Generator sustained short circuit tests
- Dielectric tests
- Windings insulation resistance test and voltage withstand test
- Insulation resistance test on all windings heaters, RTD's. etc.
- Test on batteries and chargers
- Tests on all auxiliary devices
- Noise level tests
Generator Control Panels and Bus Ducts Tests
- Dielectric test of main and auxiliary circuits
- Test of mechanical operation
- Test of electric operation of auxiliary circuits, check synchronizing, simulated auto/manual transfer sequence and interlocks, etc.
- Voltage transformer and current transformer ratio and polarity check
- Protection relay secondary injection
- Bus-duct temperature rise test
- Bus-duct high voltage test
Return to Generator Inspection
Did you find this article useful? Click on below Like and G+1 buttons!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.