This plate heat exchanger inspection and test plan article provides you with a sample plate heat exchanger ITP. This is a draft and must be edited based on your PO requirements.
|Plate Heat Exchanger Inspection and Test Plan Task||Vendor||TPI Inspection||Client|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Pre-Inspection Meeting||H||H||H|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Mill test reports||H||W/R||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Material identification and markings||H||W||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger WPS/PQR, Welders qualifications (records or welder's list)||H||W/R||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Weld preparation and fit-up, back chip inspection||H||W||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Execution of major repairs, when issued NCR||H||H||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Visual and dimensional inspection prior to heat treatment, when applicable||H||W||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Heat treatment record review, if applicable||H||W/R||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Non-destructive testing (RT, UT, MT, PT when applicable)||H||W||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Review of radiographs, if applicable||H||S/R||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Production weld test, when required||H||W/R||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Hardness measurements in final condition, when specified||H||S||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Visual and dimensional inspection during fabrication||H||W||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Reinforcing pad air-soap test||H||S||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Hydrostatic test||H||H||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Other Job Requirement Inspection Record (when specified)||H||W||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Surface preparation prior to painting, coating, lining||H||S||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Complete draining and nitrogen filling or desiccant or volatile corrosion inhibitor treatment check||H||W||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Final visual inspection (including Painting (color & thickness), coating, preservation, lining, picking, nameplate, tagging, marking, and Aux items like spare parts, bolts, etc.)||H||H||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Documentation review prior to release at local shop(Final activity of Technical Inspection)||H||H||R|
|Plate Heat Exchanger Pre-shipment Inspection||H||H||R|
H: Hold Point implies that relevant production activities shall not proceed until the continuation of work is permitted by Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
W: Witness point implies that Purchaser intends to witness the designated inspection feature. If Purchaser decides not to witness the relevant feature, production can proceed without permission of Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
S: Witness, but spot check basis. Initial operation will be witness point and subsequent operation will be witnessed at discretion of Purchaser considering the results of previous inspection. (Random Inspection : Notification not req'd)
R: Review inspection & test records (Notification not req'd)
General Note for Plate Heat Exchanger ITP :
1) Plate Heat Exchanger Witness/hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor's ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Plate Heat Exchanger Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed Plate Heat Exchanger ITP shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring/Observation of Plate Heat Exchanger Vendor shop daily routine works (i.e. Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check, Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship, cleanliness and etc.) shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Final Plate Heat Exchanger Visual Inspection/Documentation Review/Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.
Did you find this article useful? Click on below Like button!