This content provides you with a sample Plate Inspection and Test Plan. This article is a sample ITP and must be modified based on your purchase order specifications.
|Plate Inspection and Test Plan Task||Vendor||TPI Inspection||Client|
|Plate Mill test reports (incl.heat treatment records,etc.)||H||R||R|
|Plate Non-destructive testing||H||W/R||R|
|Plate Metallographic examination, if applicable||H||W||R|
|Plate Alloy verification, when specified||H||S||R|
|Plate Special Tests Specified in Specification/Requisition||H||H||R|
|Plate Final visual inspection including packaging and quantity control||H||H||R|
|Plate Documentation review prior to release(Final activity of Technical Inspection)||H||H||R|
|Plate Pre-shipment Inspection||H||H||R|
H: Hold Point implies that relevant production activities shall not proceed until the continuation of work is permitted by Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
W: Witness point implies that Purchaser intends to witness the designated inspection feature. If Purchaser decides not to witness the relevant feature, production can proceed without permission of Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
S: Witness, but spot check basis. Initial operation will be witness point and subsequent operation will be witnessed at discretion of Purchaser considering the results of previous inspection. (Random Inspection : Notification not req'd)
R: Review inspection & test records (Notification not req'd)
General Note for Plate ITP:
1) Plate Witness/hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor's ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Plate Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed ITP shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring/Observation of Plate Vendor shop daily routine works (i.e. Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check, Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship, cleanliness and etc.) shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Plate Final Visual Inspection/Documentation Review/Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.
Return from Plate Inspection and Test Plan to Inspection and Test Plan
Return from Plate ITP to Inspection for Industry Home
Did you find this article useful? Click on below Like and G+1 buttons!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.