The tray and internal inspection and test plan article provides you with a sample ITP. This is a draft ITP and must be modified based on your PO specifications.
|Tray and Internal Inspection and Test Plan Task||Vendor||TPI Inspection||Client|
|Tray and Internal Mill test reports||H||R||R|
|Tray and Internal Material identification and markings||H||W/R||R|
|Tray and Internal Weld preparation and fit-up, back chip inspection||H||W||R|
|Tray and Internal Visual and dimensional inspection during fabrication||H||S||R|
|Tray and Internal Trial assembly for dimensional and flatness check on solid flat level at shop, when specified. (Note: Witness one tray for each size and geometry)||H||H||R|
|Tray and Internal Other Job Requirement Inspection Record (when specified)||H||W||R|
|Tray and Internal Final visual inspection (including coating, preservation,tagging, marking, and Aux items like spare parts, bolts, etc.)||H||H||R|
|Tray and Internal Documentation review prior to release at local shop(Final activity of Technical Inspection)||H||H||R|
|Tray and Internal Pre-shipment Inspection||H||H||R|
H: Hold Point implies that relevant production activities shall not proceed until the continuation of work is permitted by Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
W: Witness point implies that Purchaser intends to witness the designated inspection feature. If Purchaser decides not to witness the relevant feature, production can proceed without permission of Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
S: Witness, but spot check basis. Initial operation will be witness point and subsequent operation will be witnessed at discretion of Purchaser considering the results of previous inspection. (Random Inspection : Notification not req'd)
R: Review inspection & test records (Notification not req'd)
General Note for Tray and Internal ITP :
1) Tray and Internal Witness/hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor's ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Tray and Internal Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed Tray and Internal ITP shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring/Observation of Tray and Internal Vendor shop daily routine works (i.e. Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check,Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship, cleanliness and etc.)shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Final Tray and Internal Visual Inspection/Documentation Review/Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.
Did you find this article useful? Click on below Like button!