This content provides you with a example crane and hoist inspection and test plan. You may change this crane and hoist ITP to meet your purchase order specifications.
|Crane and Hoist Inspection and Test Plan Task||Vendor||TPI Inspection||Client|
|Material Conformance Report Check||H||R||R|
|Visual and dimensional check||H||W||R|
|Certified test data for motors and other components, if any||H||W/R||R|
|Mechanical no-load test(for Comp.house overhead crane)||H||W||R|
|Mechanical no-load test(for Conventional type hoist)||H||W||R|
|Mechanical load test, when specified(for Comp.house overhead crane)||H||W||R|
|Mechanical load test, when specified(for Conventional type hoist)||H||W||R|
|Trial-fit of all segments and parts||H||W||R|
|Explosion-proof certificate when specified||H||R||R|
|Final visual inspection (including Painting (color & thickness), coating, preservation, lining, picking, nameplate, tagging, marking, and Aux.items like spare parts, bolts, etc.)||H||H||R|
|Documentation review prior to release(Final activity of Technical Inspection)||H||H||R|
H: Hold Point implies that relevant production activities shall not proceed until the continuation of work is permitted by Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
W: Witness point implies that Purchaser intends to witness the designated inspection feature. If Purchaser decides not to witness the relevant feature, production can proceed without permission of Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
S: Witness, but spot check basis. Initial operation will be witness point and subsequent operation will be witnessed at discretion of Purchaser considering the results of previous inspection. (Random Inspection : Notification not req'd)
R: Review inspection & test records (Notification not req'd)
General Note :
1) Crane and Hoist Witness/hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor's ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Crane and Hoist Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed Crane and Hoist ITP shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring/Observation of Crane and Hoist Vendor shop daily routine works (i.e. Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check,Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship, cleanliness and etc.) shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Final Crane and Hoist Visual Inspection/Documentation Review/Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.
Did you find this article useful? Click on below Like and G+1 buttons!