This content provides you with a example filter inspection and test plan. This is a draft filter ITP and must be modified based on your PO requirements. You may also read the pressure vessel ITP article for more information. There is a draft ITP there, you can download the ITP and use alongside of this ITP to support you to generate your own ITP based on your specifications.
|Filter Inspection and Test Plan Task||Vendor||TPI Inspection||Client|
|Filter Pre-inspection meeting, when specified by Purchaser/Owner||H||H||H|
|Filter Mill test reports including impact test and non-destructive test, when specified||H||W/R||R|
|Filter Material identification and markings||H||W||R|
|Filter WPS/PQR, Welders qualifications (records or welder's list)||H||S||R|
|Filter Weld preparation and fit-up, back chip inspection||H||S||R|
|Filter Execution of major repairs, when issued NCR||H||H||R|
|Filter Visual and dimensional inspection prior to heat treatment, when applicable||H||S||R|
|Filter Heat treatment record review, when applicable||H||R||R|
|Filter Alloy verification, when specified||H||S||R|
|Filter Ferrite check for weld, when specified||H||S||R|
|Filter Non-destructive testing (RT, UT, MT, PT when applicable)||H||S||R|
|Filter Review of radiographs, when applicable||H||S||R|
|Filter Refractory anchor and lining inspection, when specified||H||S||R|
|Filter Production weld test, when required||H||W||R|
|Filter Hardness measurements in final condition, when specified||H||S||R|
|Filter Visual and dimensional inspection during fabrication||H||W||R|
|Filter Reinforcing pad air-soap test||H||S||R|
|Filter Leak test for sleeve type nozzle, when applicable||H||S||R|
|Filter Hydrostatic test||H||H||R|
|Filter Installation of internals, when applicable||H||W||R|
|Filter Other Job Requirement Inspection Record (when specified)||H||W||R|
|Filter Surface preparation prior to painting, coating, lining||H||S||R|
|Filter Complete draining and nitrogen filling or desiccant or volatile corrosion inhibitor treatment check||H||S||R|
|Filter Final visual inspection (including Painting (color & thickness), coating, preservation, lining, picking, nameplate, tagging, marking, and Aux items like spare parts, bolts, etc.)||H||H||R|
|Filter Documentation review prior to release at local shop(Final activity of Technical Inspection)||H||H||R|
|Filter Pre-shipment Inspection||H||H||R|
H: Hold Point implies that relevant production activities shall not proceed until the continuation of work is permitted by Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
W: Witness point implies that Purchaser intends to witness the designated inspection feature. If Purchaser decides not to
witness the relevant feature, production can proceed without permission of Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
S: Witness, but spot check basis. Initial operation will be witness point and subsequent operation will be witnessed at discretion of Purchaser
considering the results of previous inspection. (Random Inspection : Notification not req'd)
R: Review inspection & test records (Notification not req'd)
General Note for Filter ITP:
1) Filter Witness/hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor's ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Filter Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed Filter ITP shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring/Observation of Filter Vendor shop daily routine works (i.e. Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check, Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship, cleanliness and etc.) shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Filter Final Visual Inspection/Documentation Review/Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.
Did you find this article useful? Click on below Like and G+1 buttons!