This content provides you with a draft Reciprocating Pump Inspection and Test plan. This reciprocating pump ITP is general. You must modify this ITP based on your purchase order requirements.
|Reciprocating Pump Inspection and Test Plan Task||Vendor||TPI Inspection||Client|
|Pre-inspection meeting, when specified by Purchaser||H||R||R|
|Mill Test Reports||H||R||R|
|Material identification and marking||H||S||R|
|RT, UT, MT or PT, when specified||H||S||R|
|Execution of major repairs, when issued NCR Hold when||H||H||R|
|Heat treatment execution, if applicable||H||R||R|
|Charpy impact test, when required||H||W||R|
|Hydrostatic test of casing||H||H||R|
|Running test with vibration, bearing temp. & sound level measurement||H||H||R|
|NPSH test, when specified in data sheet||H||H||R|
|Dismanling inspection after performance test, when specified||H||W||R|
|Function, Setting and Calibration of instruments and controls, when provided||H||W||R|
|Other test as specified||H||W||R|
|Final visual inspection (including Nameplate, tagging, marking, painting, coating, Auxiliary items check)||H||H||R|
|Documentation review prior to release(Final activity of Technical Inspection)||H||H||R|
H: Hold Point implies that relevant production activities shall not proceed until the continuation of work is permitted by Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
W: Witness point implies that Purchaser intends to witness the designated inspection feature. If Purchaser decides not to witness the relevant feature, production can proceed without permission of Purchaser. (Notification req'd)
S: Witness, but spot check basis. Initial operation will be witness point and subsequent operation will be witnessed at discretion of Purchaser considering the results of previous inspection. (Random Inspection : Notification not required)
R: Review inspection & test records (Notification not req'd)
1) Reciprocating Pump Witness / hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor's ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Reciprocating Pump Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed Reciprocating Pump shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring / Observation of Reciprocating Pump Vendor shop daily routine works (i.e. Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check,Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship,cleanliness and etc.)shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Final Reciprocating Pump Visual Inspection / Documentation Review / Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.
Return from Reciprocating Pump Inspection and Test Plan to Inspection and Test Plan
Return from Reciprocating Pump Inspection and Test Plan to Inspection for Industry Home
Did you find this article useful? Click on below Like and G+1 buttons!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.